Thursday, May 11, 2006

Kosher Wine and HTML Links

I like wine. I mean, I REALLY like wine. In fact, I often attend wine tastings. My wife also loves wine, and has recently begun exploring an interest in cheese. As such, we've recently attended several wine & cheese events, including some run by Murray's Cheese (in cooperation with The Cornell Club, HSBC Premier, and Astor Wines), and we hope to also soon return to one of our favorite restaurants, Artisanal, for similar culinary experiences. We also often attend wine tastings at stores (e.g. Cellar 72 and Best Cellars), restaurants, and the homes of friends.

This introduction raises several questions. First, why do I put so many links in my posts? Well, it's because I believe the entire strength of HTML is the ability to cross-reference in this manner. Plus, it should help stimulate discussion, as there's a bunch of things there to explore and then post about. For those that missed it, that was a subtle way of saying, "post comments!!!"

The second question is that, as a wine lover, do I drink kosher wine? The answer is that on Jewish holidays, yes, I do. However, I avoid Manischewitz and Kedem. There's plenty of other good kosher wines from the U.S. (e.g. Baron Herzog and Hagafen), France (e.g. Fortant and Château de Paraza), Australia (e.g. Teal Lake), and even Israel (e.g. Tishbi). Especially in NYC, it's very easy to find them, and I would like to encourage Jewish wine lovers to abandon their distaste for kosher wine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google